Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

Friday, June 18, 2010, Mike only worked a half day and I didn't work, so after running some errands, we decided to break out the 4-wheeler and go for a ride. We decided to ride Mineral Fork trail, which is up Big Cottonwood Canyon, because we have been on it before and it is a short ride, we started riding around 5:30pm. Previously when we have rode this trail, we have never made it to the top, for various reasons, but this time all the way to the top we went. When we got to the top we found an old mine and even some snow, but along the way were some really pretty waterfalls and some breathtaking views. It is always nice to escape the city and the heat by going 4-wheeling, all while enjoying the mountain fresh air.






Saturday, June 19, 2010, I volunteered to help out with the Community Health Fair that Riverton Hospital, where I work, hosted. I took part in testing total cholesterol and blood glucose. So, while I was at work, Mike went to a golf tournament with a few guys from work. Later that evening we went to Allison's, Mikes sister, to watch Alex, our nephew, while Allison, Steve and Shayna, our niece, went out for Father's Day.

Sunday, June 20, 2010 Happy Father's Day.
Since Scott, Mike's dad, is serving a mission in Peru and since my dad was just getting back from a long two weeks of annual training for the Guard, we went to Karl and Iara's house, Mike's uncle and aunt, for again another amazing Brazilian BBQ. We also watched Brazil win against Ivory Coast in the World Cup. After leaving there, we headed to Allison's so I could take some pictures of their family and for another BBQ. Although I talked to my Dad on Fathers Day, it was weird not splitting time between Mikes Dad and my Dad on their day. Although we missed them, they both know we love them very much and hope they had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment