Monday, June 7, 2010

5K

Yes, that's right Mike, Allison, Mike's sister, and I all ran a 5K Saturday May 5, 2010. As part of Me and Mike's "change of heart" and in order to keep us running we decided to run a couple 5K's this summer, Saturday being our first one. We all finished only a couple minutes a part. Allison left both Mike and I in the dust finishing with a time of 33 minutes, Mike then left me in the dust with a time of 36 minutes, and I sweeping up the dust on my way in, finished with a time of 40 minutes, not so bad for our first run. Our goal is to finish the next 5K, which is July 5, with improved times.

Later that evening, Mike and I joined my mom for a concert in the park. Mark Owens and Tracy Lawrence, both country singers, were the performers. I knew most of the songs Tracy Lawrence performed, I grew up on country, but Mark Owens was new to me. I liked the evening but I can't say the same for Mike. He didn't grow up on country so he didn't know any of the songs. It is hard to go to a concert not knowing any of the artists songs, but he was a good sport. However, he did mention that he like Mark Owens. I think he liked him because he is the new style of country, not so twangy. Tracy Lawrence can be, especially his older stuff, a little twangy. After the concert we laid back and watched some fireworks.






No comments:

Post a Comment