Monday, July 12, 2010

American Fork Steel Day's

After running the Freedom 5K on July 5, my Mom asked us if we would be interested in running the American Fork Steel Day's 5k on July 10 with the rest of the family. I was a little hesitant just because it had only been 4 day since the previous race, but said yes anyways. So on the morning of Saturday July 10, we woke up at 5:30am got ourselves ready and headed towards are next 5K. Mike improved his time finishing around 37 minutes and I lengthened my time finishing around 42 minutes. This race was really hard on me, my shins hurt from the last race and were just starting to feel better on Friday. I had a great start on this race, however, not long after my great start the pain of the last race and the new pains of this race hit me and stopped me in my tracks, needless to say I walked my fair share of this race.

I know I should think more about the fact that I am improving my health and finishing 5K's then dwell on the fact that I have yet to finish a race with a quicker time than the last, but it would be nice to finish at least one race with a quicker time the the previous. Our next 5k will be August 14 so I have one month to solidify my 3.2 miles and improve my time. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment